Annie’s Weekend Away – Packing Tips
On Saturday Annie gave a talk and mini fashion show on what to pack for a long weekend away. Clothes to take you from travelling, to sightseeing, lunch and through to dinner. We have had lovely feedback from those of you who came along, so we thought it might be worthwhile to share some of her tips here. Her imagined trip for this event was a 4 day Eurostar trip to Paris!
– SHOES Going away for a long weekend shoes are often the problem. On this occasion I think only 2 pairs are needed – loafers and a pair of kitten heels.
– LAYERING For day wear every outfit needs to have layers, eg. t-shirt, jacket and jumper. For evening – either a bolero or pashmina/large scarf for warmth
– BAGS A tote handbag for day wear will allow you to pop a small bag inside, which can then be used on its own in the evening.
– PRINT Don’t be afraid to mix prints – eg. spots with stripes, florals with animal prints.
– COLOUR A plain block colour allows you to interchange tops, jacket and shoes. eg. white trousers and t-shirt can be overlaid with combinations of coloured/printed jackets and jumpers
– Packing items ‘just in case’ is OK! If you have not got a tight weight restriction, it will give you a little more flexibility. If you do have hand luggage only on a flight you will need to be stricter with yourself on this.
– Try to focus on non-crushable garments in your packing – Joseph Ribkoff is incredible for this. If the bulk of your wardrobe doesn’t crease it is easy to pack the few pieces that do carefully at the top.